Monday, June 25, 2007

This morning I attended "Once Upon a Furl in a Podcast Long Ago: Using New Technologies to Support Library Instruction." This was a panel of four librarians: Joan Lippincott gave an overview of emerging technologies and library instruction; Kathy Burnett is teaching future librarians at Florida State Unviersity how to use technology tools in the classroom; Kathryn Shaughnessy is using the tools with Social Justice students who are in Third World countries; and Heather Tompkins shared lots of tips about using the social web tools.

Poster Session - This afternoon was devoted to my poster session, "You Asked, We Responded: Redesigning an Academic Library's Web Site Based on User Input." Several people who are thinking about redesigning their Web sites asked quite a few questions. When I get back to the library, I'll add a picture.

Although I never did manage to hook up with Barbara Burd, I did see several more librarians from Pennsylvania, including Christie Roysdon and Evelyn Minick. There are two Internet cafes here at the conference and there is a kiosk at the hotel that also has some computers with Internet access which have made my ability to blog while I'm here possible.

No comments: