Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Final Thoughts

Attending my first ALA Conference was a great experience. Before the conference, I was a bit overwhelmed, but once I got there I found that it was just like any other conference I had attended, but on a much larger scale. I was fortunate to be able to attend with three of my colleagues who are veteran conference goers--Margaret Craft, Bonnie Strohl, and Narda Tafuri. I woud definitely attend again.

While in Washington, DC, I was able to spend some time visiting with my daughter and son-in-law, Lynn and Donald, and I was able to do a little sight-seeing. Lynn and I toured the National Building Museum where there is currently a wonderful David Macaulay exhibit. This building is where all of the U.S. Presidents have held their Inaugural Balls since 1885. Here is a photo of me with the White House in the background.

No comments: